The object of this Chapter is to promote and forward the objects of the American Institute of Architects, whilst of local objectives are to…
- Organize and unite its members of the architectural profession;
- Promote the aesthetic, scientific and practical efficiency of the profession;
- Advance the scientific and art of planning;
- Advancing the standards of architectural education, training and practice;
- Coordinate with the building community and the profession of architecture to ensure the advancement of living standards by improving the environment; and,
- Make the profession an ever-increasing service to our society.
Other goals of this Chapter are to maintain a foundation for local communication and the sharing of important topical issues that affected the membership and its community. With a proclaimed focus on the understanding of good design in architecture, and the quality of design composition this Chapter has consistently honored these goals by continuing to:
- Provide Design Awards for the best architectural design accomplished by its members.
- Sponsor community service programs
- Sponsor members as Fellows, FAIA, in recognition of outstanding service to the profession and the Community.
- Be recognized for outstanding architectural license preparation seminars
- Honor architectural students for creative student work, and to foster close relationships with our architecture schools
- Award student scholarships.
- Participate in civic partnerships through participation in workshops and task forces organized to address planning and design issues
- Present programs, seminars and workshops on topics that advance the knowledge and skills of our members